Upgrade procedure movie:
In order to migrate from old core version, please follow this steps:
- Create a backup of your store.
- Disable old module version (1.0.x, 1.1.x). DO NOT UNINSTALL/DELETE IT!!
- Download the newest version (>= 2.0.0) of a module from your ORBITVU SUN account
- Log in to your Magento’s back office and go to System -> Magento Connect Manager
- In section "Direct package file upload" choose newly downloaded .tgz file and click "Upload" and after uploading return to admin
- Logout and login again to your Magento’s back office if System -> Configuration -> Catalog -> Orbitvu Self Hosted page gives 404 page.
- Go to Catalog -> Manage products -> Edit Product -> Orbitvu Self Hosted tab and above tab page, you should see "Migration tool". If all necessary requirements are ok, then click "start migration".
- Once migration is finished, please go to the product’s edit page and check if all presentations are available and properly linked.
- If everything is fine, you may uninstall and delete old module. DO NOT DELETE "_orbitvu_presentations" folder from your Magento’s root path, the new module uses the same path for presentation as the old one.